As the holidays approach, now is the perfect time to start thinking about how you can upgrade your home. Although Christmas decorations are usually on everyone's mind, the fact is that Thanksgiving offers the perfect opportunity to add design flourishes that are both practical and eye-catching.
Since this holiday is all about getting the family together to enjoy some delicious food, we want to focus our attention on the kitchen. The most important meal of the year should be crafted in a space dedicated to both hospitality and tradition.
So, with that in mind, here are some excellent kitchen design ideas that will make this Thanksgiving even more memorable.
More Storage Space
One issue that most people have in their kitchens is that there's not enough space to put everything. Over time, we accrue all sorts of cookware, utensils, and dishes, but what happens when you run out of room?
Now is the time to get creative and start looking for storage solutions that will both enhance your kitchen and make it more stylish. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Hooks - hanging your pots and pans from hooks mounted to the wall is a fantastic way to reduce clutter and make them more accessible. Also, it can add a sense of gourmet chic to the occasion.
- Rustic Shelving - do you have any empty wall space in your kitchen? Why not add some extra shelves? To make it even better, use repurposed or stained wood so that they look more traditional for Thanksgiving.
- Magnetic Strips - utensils are always getting in the way, which means that you probably have more than a couple of drawers filled with items that don't get used as much. Fortunately, you can make room by mounting some magnetic strips on your walls. These strips can be utilized for a variety of utensils, from knives to ladles.
One of the best ways to add vibrancy to a room is to create better lighting. Unfortunately, many kitchens suffer from inconsistent lighting options, which can leave a lot to be desired. These are our tips for illuminating your cooking space.
- New Hood - if you have an old hood in your kitchen that either doesn't have lights or insufficient ones, you can upgrade to a new one and get some much-needed brilliance when preparing the big meal.
- Under-Cabinet Lights - just like with your stove's hood, adding some accent lights underneath your cabinets can help you see what you're doing and add some vibrancy to the space.
- New Fixtures - if you have an older house, then the fixtures are probably a bit tacky or undignified. An excellent way to spruce up your kitchen for the holiday is to replace them with new accessories that add a bit of style and substance to your lights.
Hunterdon Siding and Window
If you're ready to upgrade your kitchen for Thanksgiving, call us today. We have over 30 years of experience in the industry, and we can help you find the perfect way to make your kitchen pop this holiday season. Let's get started together! Contact Hunterdon Siding and Window today!