Dollar for dollar bathroom renovations are one of the best ways to improve the value of your home and get the most return on your investment.
Many customers are surprised by the additional space and functionality that can be achieved by changing the current layout of their bathroom. There are endless choices of shower and tub designs, fixtures and faucets, and tile and stone options. The products of today are virtually maintenance-free. Hunterdon Siding and Window will help you design a personal sanctuary that reflects your unique style!
We recommend considering these tips before starting your bathroom remodel to help you keep your stress level at a minimum and your budget in line.
- Make sure you have all the new materials (i.e. tubs, sinks, toilets, tiles, fixtures) before the project begins
- When considering flooring tile, decide if you want an easy care floor or a non-slip floor. This is a good time to decide if you want to have toasty toes in the morning and go with radiant flooring in the bathroom
- When remodeling your bathroom and everything is torn apart, it is prudent to repair and/or replace any older plumbing and electric.
- Clunky over the showerhead toiletry organizers are a thing of the past. Make niches in shower walls to hold shampoo and shaving cream. Make one at knee height if you have younger children.
- Don’t settle for a sub-par toilet. Today’s toilets can use less than half a gallon per one push flush.
- If you’re adding a soaker tub or multi-jet shower you may need to increase the size of your water heater so you don’t run out of water mid-shower or mid-bath.
- Decide the right height for fixtures and accessories by putting up painters tape to mark potential spots and then adjust for height.
Hunterdon Siding and Window has many other bathroom remodeling tips and tricks that we have learned
in our over 30 years experience!